Planet 21Is our 21 commitments to sustainable development.
Health, nature, carbon, innovation, local development, employment and dialog: 21 commitments to help the world run a little more smoothly. In all our hotels, with our employees, our customers and our partners, we are working to reinvent the hotel industry, sustainably. Do you, like us, think sustainability has a future? Welcome to our world.
7 key elements
ibis's pioneer commitmentBack on top
In 2004, ibis is the first global hotel chain to be engaged in the ISO 14001 environmental certification process. This international certification installs very precises controls by the management team of each hotel through a continuous compliance with the latest regulations, and continuous improvements: hotels certified are regularly audited to set new goals.
ibis is committed to implementing initiatives and procedures for:
- Reduce water consumption
- Reduce energy consumption
- Implement the selective sorting of waste
- Train new employees annually raise all the teams and engage suppliers and customers along with ibis
See what ibis has achievedBack on top
- 53%of our hotels offer eco-labeled products (cleaning products, wall paint or floor covering)
- 53%of our hotels promote balanced dishes in their restaurants
- 50%of our hotels organize prevention training for staff